Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15137&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:05:05 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New 3abn President, Jim Gilley
Clay
post Sep 1 2007, 06:19 AM
Post #76

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 1 2007, 07:16 AM) *
I think FHB is correct in saying that the truths of Scripture do not belong exclusively to the Adventist Church. Some people in Emergent are rejecting the concept of an eternally-burning hell, and I think I've seen a book on the Sabbath by Eugene Peterson. If people come to a knowledge of the truth, God can do that with, or without, the Seventh-day Adventists. The Bible itself is non-denominational, I think.

That said, can anyone comment on how much of their money 3ABN raises from non-Adventists? Or how many rallies they do in non-Adventist churches? If they're non-denominational, why then for so long were they sending people to find local Adventist churches when the viewers appreciated the messages they were getting on the channel?

Tolerating open sin is one thing, and should disqualify a person from leadership. That's a far cry from renouncing one's professed faith, which is what I understand apostasy to be. But in Adventist circles, that word is an attention-getter.

As for Jim Gilley's appointment, I think we'll have to wait and see. Apparently he doesn't have a good track record in dealing with sin in the camp. Whether he's any help or not will be determined by ... whether he helps or not.

good points....... especially regarding what apostasy is or is not.....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Sep 1 2007, 07:20 AM
Post #77

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Sep 1 2007, 07:16 AM) *
That said, can anyone comment on how much of their money 3ABN raises from non-Adventists? Or how many rallies they do in non-Adventist churches? If they're non-denominational, why then for so long were they sending people to find local Adventist churches when the viewers appreciated the messages they were getting on the channel?

I think 3ABN both requested and expected the lawsuit to be impounded.

Therefore, I really don't think that "non-denominational" and "not affiliated" stuff was ever meant to be seen by Seventh-day Adventists. I think it was supposed to be a confidential legal maneuver that seems to have become public and has backfired.

The bottom line is that 3ABN made their bed, and now they have to sleep in it. The way I see it, all the mumbo-jumbo about the gospel being non-denominational is just damage control.

+Quote Post
Musashi
post Sep 1 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #78

Member No.: 4,291

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 31 2007, 06:57 PM) *
BT,

So then, the Three Angels Message of Revelation is part and parcel Seventh-day Adventist? It belongs to no one denomination and no one person . . . it belongs to all who will hear and believe. If you argue any other way then you might be disappointed to find individuals of other denominations and maybe even no denomination as your next door neighbors in heaven.

You use the word "uniquely" often. While it may be unique that we began the spread of certain understandings of scripture, it is certainly not the property of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Unique in that the Lord heard the prayers of the churches founders and guided and directed . . . but the message belongs not to the Seventh-day Adventist Church but to a dying and desperate world who needs the life's breath that God's message provides.

- FHB

Pardon my interjecting myself into this argument but I felt like it. I do understand the desire to make it appeal to others with the use of "nondenominational" and I understand that a Bible doctrine being held by the Seventh-Day Adventist church does not make it the sole property of the Church itself. Hovever, I haven't seen many other denominations preaching about the 3 angels message or The importance of the sanctuary and the investigative judgement. The "nondenominational" argument is honestly ridiculous. We keep hearing that "that doctrine isn't the property of the church." That's all well and fine, but 3ABN does not preach one doctrine, they preach a package of doctrines, and those doctrines are the doctrinal "package" of the Seventh-Day adventist church. Lets get down to basics,...To be a Seventh-Day Adventist means that I believe: (insert list of doctrines),...3ABN programming is: (same list of doctrines). So can we please, stop beating a dead horse and claiming "nondenominational."

--------------------
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
--Henry David Thoreau

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 1 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Musashi @ Sep 1 2007, 06:17 PM) *
Pardon my interjecting myself into this argument but I felt like it. I do understand the desire to make it appeal to others with the use of "nondenominational" and I understand that a Bible doctrine being held by the Seventh-Day Adventist church does not make it the sole property of the Church itself. Hovever, I haven't seen many other denominations preaching about the 3 angels message or The importance of the sanctuary and the investigative judgement. The "nondenominational" argument is honestly ridiculous. We keep hearing that "that doctrine isn't the property of the church." That's all well and fine, but 3ABN does not preach one doctrine, they preach a package of doctrines, and those doctrines are the doctrinal "package" of the Seventh-Day adventist church. Lets get down to basics,...To be a Seventh-Day Adventist means that I believe: (insert list of doctrines),...3ABN programming is: (same list of doctrines). So can we please, stop beating a dead horse and claiming "nondenominational."

Exactly! You said it man!

+Quote Post
roxe
post Sep 1 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Musashi @ Sep 1 2007, 07:17 PM) *
(snip) So can we please, stop beating a dead horse and claiming "nondenominational."

excuse me? WE claiming to be nondenominational??

no, it's DANNY who is claiming that, not WE...

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 1 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(roxe @ Sep 1 2007, 09:19 PM) *
excuse me? WE claiming to be nondenominational??

no, it's DANNY who is claiming that, not WE...

LOL! If 3ABN and Danny say you are non denominational then you darn well better be non denominational, Roxe. Oh, and unaffiliated too. After all, the Adventist denomination's theology is apparently non denominational, at least according to FHB and pals. And affiliations are unaffiliation. You must remember that. Oh, thats right, you must also remember that the internets will get your non-denominating, televangelist-watching affiliation sued!

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 1 2007, 10:49 PM

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Sep 1 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,191

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 1 2007, 11:43 PM) *
LOL! If 3ABN and Danny say you are non denominational then you darn well better be non denominational, Roxe. Oh, and unaffiliated too. After all, the Adventist denomination's theology is apparently non denominational, at least according to FHB and pals. And affiliations are unaffiliation. You must remember that. Oh, thats right, you must also remember that the internets will get your non-denonminating, televangelist-watching affiliation sued!

dunno.gif The whole situation turned into a theatre of the absurd.. roflmao.gif

Respectfully and Denominationally,

Willow

This post has been edited by WillowRun: Sep 1 2007, 10:49 PM

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 1 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(WillowRun @ Sep 1 2007, 09:49 PM) *
dunno.gif The whole situation turned into a theatre of the absurd.. roflmao.gif
Respectfully and Denominationally,

Willow

And don't you forget it. And don't you be talking no apostasy either, because some unaffiliated televangelist will be aposting your stasy in a court of law. Oh, and you will get denominated too. So watch it with those internets.

+Quote Post
roxe
post Sep 1 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

beartrap... you SO funny!!

you are one person who can make me laugh out loud... smile.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 1 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #85

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 1 2007, 09:57 PM) *
And don't you forget it. And don't you be talking no apostasy either, because some unaffiliated televangelist will be aposting your stasy in a court of law. Oh, and you will get denominated too. So watch it with those internets.

you snackin on some spicey food tonight bear? those words are just flowin'!

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 1 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #86

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 1 2007, 10:31 PM) *
you snackin on some spicey food tonight bear? those words are just flowin'!

You better watch it, talking about spices! Variety is the spice of life and you don't get no variety until you get that authenticated, certificated, and non-denominated 3ABN board approval on your charge of... unaffiliated Spiritual Adultery. You better be talking to Walt before you have the nerve to start gibbering alot of gibberish about spice around these parts.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Sep 1 2007, 11:43 PM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 1 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #87

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 1 2007, 10:39 PM) *
You better watch it, talking about spices! Variety is the spice of life and you don't get no variety until you get that authenticated, certificated, and denominated 3ABN board approval on your charge of... unaffiliated Spiritual Adultery. You better be talking to Walt before you have the nerve to start gibbering alot of gibberish about spice around these parts.

oh my, pardon me...you are so right...I better watch myself...what was I thinking thinking I could talk about spices, and of course when you talk spices, you talk variety, and if you get too much variety, why, you might get yourself into trouble, unless you are very careful not to have the wrong variety of spices around...if you get my meanin'. giggle.gif...oh, and naturally, the kind that's the kind that's the unaffiliated non-denominationally kind...so, should I make an apt.?

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Sep 1 2007, 11:47 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Sep 1 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #88

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Sep 1 2007, 10:43 PM) *
oh my, pardon me...you are so right...I better watch myself...what was I thinking thinking I could talk about spices, and of course when you talk spices, you talk variety, and if you get too much variety, why, you might get yourself into trouble, unless you are very careful not to have the wrong variety of spices around...if you get my meanin'. giggle.gif

I am... ahem... unaffiliated. I am non-denominational. I can have all the variety I want, but I am quite fond of one particular spice right now and Oooooo she is spicy!

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Sep 1 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 1 2007, 10:49 PM) *
I am... ahem... unaffiliated. I am non-denominational. I can have all the variety I want, but I am quite fond of one particular spice right now and Oooooo she is spicy!

yes, I know, and I know, and yes you can, and I know you are and I'm sure she is!

but that is ok, because you don't claim to be, and really aren't - or is that, you are, but claim not to be...??? scratchchin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Sep 1 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(beartrap @ Sep 1 2007, 10:49 PM) *

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif
Bear... thank you so much for the belly laugh!!!

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church