Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9174&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:35:23 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Is Happening With Linda?
sister
post Jan 18 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jan 18 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]170904[/snapback]

Oh, no.

West Frankfort, not West Frankfurt?

Now you tell me. roflmao.gif

You got it right, Pete. The place with the only Hamburger comes between a bun, with pickles and mustard, and not from a city in northern Germany. roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif Sorry, I am just a bit silly today with all the recent nonsense from the Shelton Clan. giggle.gif

This post has been edited by sister: Jan 18 2007, 10:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 18 2007, 10:13 AM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jan 18 2007, 08:28 AM) [snapback]170891[/snapback]

Ich denke nicht, daß sie spricht deutsch… Ich könnte verwechselt werden, jedoch...

In His service,
Mr. J

Sigh... many of my ancestors were German- speaking German/Prussian folk and I always got a kick over how they restructured their English sentences - "Up on the car you must get" for example, but I never picked up the language myself. My pitiful attempt at a translation of your statement comes up with "I think not that she speaks German...I understand this because of her faulty wording..." Am I even close?

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 18 2007, 10:19 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jan 18 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 18 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]170907[/snapback]

Sigh... many of my ancestors were German- speaking German/Prussian folk and I always got a kick over how they restructured their English sentences - "Up on the car you must get" for example, but I never picked up the language myself. My pitiful attempt at a translation of your statement comes up with "I think not that she speaks German...I understand this because of her faulty wording..." Am I even close?

You are in the ballpark smile.gif

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 18 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 18 2007, 06:13 PM) [snapback]170907[/snapback]

Very good! Almost 50% right

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jan 18 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(sister @ Jan 18 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]170905[/snapback]

You got it right, Pete. The place with the only Hamburger comes between a bun, with pickles and mustard, and not from a city in northern Germany. roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif Sorry, I am just a bit silly today with all the recent nonsense from the Shelton Clan. giggle.gif

Hamburgers but no Hamburgians. Isn't that always the case? roflmao.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 18 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 18 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]170910[/snapback]

Very good! Almost 50% right

roflmao.gif

I guess the 6 years I spent studying French may have helped some. smile.gif

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 18 2007, 11:04 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Jan 18 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 18 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]170920[/snapback]

roflmao.gif

I guess the 6 years I spent studying French may have helped some. smile.gif
That would be highly supprising.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 18 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jan 18 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]170925[/snapback]

Okay, you caught me! rofl1.gif

I've always enjoyed languages and have watched many subtitled German documentaries, so I guess I picked up a few words that way. What I think I do know is:

Ich = I
nicht = not
sie spricht deutsch = she speaks German
werden = wording, I think

The rest I just guessed at. Guess you all could tell. roflmao.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 18 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(västergötland @ Jan 18 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]170925[/snapback]

We're highly offtopic.gif aren't we? How do we get back?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 18 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 18 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]170929[/snapback]

Okay, you caught me! rofl1.gif

I've always enjoyed languages and have watched many subtitled German documentaries, so I guess I picked up a few words that way. What I think I do know is:

Ich = I
nicht = not
sie spricht deutsch = she speaks German
werden = wording, I think

The rest I just guessed at. Guess you all could tell. roflmao.gif

Hey PB, I think you did pretty good!! My background is german, and you picked up more than I did - of course, I think I was not trying too hard either as the converstation was more fun in itself. But let this be a lesson to you all here, the people at BSDA are of the INTELLIGENT kind!! spoton.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Jan 18 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

I think "werden" is a gramatically bent form of "to be". I couldnt tell you the correct grammar term for it though.

This post has been edited by västergötland: Jan 18 2007, 11:39 AM

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 18 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 18 2007, 10:33 AM) [snapback]170930[/snapback]

Johann, do you have any updates on how Linda is doing? Is she pleased with how the investigation is proceeding? How about the website?

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Jan 18 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Jan 18 2007, 06:33 PM) [snapback]170930[/snapback]

Take to the right in the turnabout just after passing through the hamlet known as Common Sence..

This post has been edited by västergötland: Jan 18 2007, 11:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jan 18 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jan 18 2007, 10:35 AM) [snapback]170931[/snapback]

Hey PB, I think you did pretty good!! My background is german, and you picked up more than I did - of course, I think I was not trying too hard either as the converstation was more fun in itself. But let this be a lesson to you all here, the people at BSDA are of the INTELLIGENT kind!! spoton.gif

Aw, thanks. I did hear German from time to time as a child but it didn't stick too well. One of my favorite stories about by great grandfather happened shortly after he moved his family out to California from North Dakota in the early part of the 20th century. He was driving his car into the garage when everyone inside the house heard him yelling (in German, of course) "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" followed by a huge crash as he drove through the back wall. He had only had the car for a little over a month and was still used to the team of horses that pulled the wagon on their farm, not the horses under the hood!

But now I have strayed offtopic.gif again.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jan 18 2007, 11:48 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jan 18 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jan 18 2007, 09:38 AM) [snapback]170933[/snapback]

Johann, do you have any updates on how Linda is doing? Is she pleased with how the investigation is proceeding? How about the website?

I'm sure Johann can tell you some things with regard to Linda, but I can also tell you that she is doing very well! She is busy and doing things she has wanted to do for some time. She knows that life is not easy, but that God is good, and she trusts Him completely. Her faith has grown and it's a blessing to me. As for her personal website, she plans to update it soon. spoton.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:35 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church