Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9766&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:56:25 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 5 (thread was closed then reopened)
Johann
post May 4 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #46

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Jvat @ May 5 2006, 04:35 AM) [snapback]129319[/snapback]

Yes, Summertime, that has been my question from ever since. How on earth can ONE MAN be so very powerful and intimidating? Who made him so?

Many people are asking the same question, and some of the top leaders of the Seventh-day Adventist Church will give you the answer - if you promise not to quote them, because they too are afraid of his unlimited power because some of the wealthiest men in the church back him up.

I have been asked by prominent Church Leaders to do all I can to curb the power of this self-appointed pope (Danny Shelton)who is ruling our Church today according to his own whims because he has access to seemingly an unlimited amount of dollars where millions are merely the residue of his pocket money. Consider that the monthly leasing fees on his private jet is more than what most of his viewers earn in a year - before taxes. One of these me said to me,

- Our Church must learn to trust in the Lord, and not let Mammon rule.

It is true that viewers who accept the Advent Message join the local SDA church, but an investigation has shown that a grat number keep sending their tithes and offerenings to 3ABN because they have been taught that the religion of 3ABN is much better than what the Seventh-day Adventist Church teaches.

Danny once told me that one of these men had offered to pay for a Pirivate Investigator to follow Linda for the rest of her life, and I have seem some of those Private Investigators at work. They trailed us everywhere when we were with Linda, and shortly thereafter Danny would call to let us know what we were doing and where, and he would even inform us that there were three of them following us in three different cars.

You have certainly heard of mighty men using Private Investigators on their wives when they wanted to find reasons for a divorce, but have you ever heard of a sane person using Private Investigators to help them save their marriage?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chez
post May 4 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

QUOTE(Johann @ May 4 2006, 11:06 PM) [snapback]129321[/snapback]

Many people are asking the same question, and some of the top leaders of the Seventh-day Adventist Church will give you the answer - if you promise not to quote them, because they too are afraid of his unlimited power because some of the wealthiest men in the church back him up.

I have been asked by prominent Church Leaders to do all I can to curb the power of this self-appointed pope (Danny Shelton)who is ruling our Church today according to his own whims because he has access to seemingly an unlimited amount of dollars where millions are merely the residue of his pocket money. Consider that the monthly leasing fees on his private jet is more than what most of his viewers earn in a year - before taxes. One of these me said to me,

- Our Church must learn to trust in the Lord, and not let Mammon rule.

It is true that viewers who accept the Advent Message join the local SDA church, but an investigation has shown that a grat number keep sending their tithes and offerenings to 3ABN because they have been taught that the religion of 3ABN is much better than what the Seventh-day Adventist Church teaches.

Danny once told me that one of these men had offered to pay for a Pirivate Investigator to follow Linda for the rest of her life, and I have seem some of those Private Investigators at work. They trailed us everywhere when we were with Linda, and shortly thereafter Danny would call to let us know what we were doing and where, and he would even inform us that there were three of them following us in three different cars.

You have certainly heard of mighty men using Private Investigators on their wives when they wanted to find reasons for a divorce, but have you ever heard of a sane person using Private Investigators to help them save their marriage?

Good Point!

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 5 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

Then if this problem is as deep and as widespread as you say, it is time for the whole structure to be dismantled.... one human cannot be that important in the church.... and if they are, then the church is no longer following God.....

If it is not following God, then it is not the church to be in.....

does this problem fall along color lines? I ask because black adventists don't seem to be that concerned with this issue.......

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 5 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Open invitation. Come to Thompsonville and eat dinner at the Thompsonville Cafe, and just ask the other diners about 3ABN and Danny. Go to West Frankfort and have dinner at Hungrys on W. Main, and ask. Go to the barbershops, the lodges, the local churches of any denomination, the library, and ask. Ask the Summers family who donated the first two acres of property to Danny for 3ABN what they think about that donation now. Come on out here and ask.
I believe you.... I think what you describe is disgusting... he did not accumulate all that power overnight.... when this first started didn't people see what was happening? Is the NAD so hard up for money that they would turn a blind eye? I am simply amazed the more I read.... it also points to the danger of allowing one man take over a little town.... everyone becomes beholden to him because its his money that pays the bills..... we sell ourselves cheap sometimes...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 5 2006, 01:25 AM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Johann @ May 5 2006, 12:06 AM) [snapback]129321[/snapback]

Danny once told me that one of these men had offered to pay for a Private Investigator to follow Linda for the rest of her life...

An interesting story that happened in 1980-81.

A manager was having an affair with his secretary, who worked on a different floor of the same office building. It was a very secret affair and nobody knew about it.

The manager's wife found out about it. I believe one of the couple's accounts had been debited.

The wife was furious when she learned from the bank that her own husand had taken the money. There was a paper trail leading to a jewelry store. Women's jewelry had been purchased.

To protect his girlfriend from being discovered, the husband decided to create a second trail that would lead his jilted wife to the wrong woman. The targeted woman would be a top saleswoman in the same industry. The manager didn't like competing with this top saleswoman, anyway, because she had managed to win accounts away from him.

Well, the jilted wife did, indeed, take the bait and she went after the wrong woman.

The wife spent her time and resources hiring lawyers, investigators, etc., fighting the wrong woman. In addition, the wrong woman was telling everyone the manager's wife was crazy.

In public, the manager would agree with the wrong woman, "Yep, my wife is crazy. If only there was something we could all do to help save my poor, confused wife."

And while the jilted wife and her investigators were focusing on that top saleswoman, the husband was able to continue his secret affair with his secretary in peace and comfort.

The manager eventually married his secretary.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 5 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #51

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 5 2006, 02:25 AM) [snapback]129331[/snapback]

An interesting story that happened in 1980-81.

A manager was having an affair with his secretary, who worked on a different floor of the same office building. It was a very secret affair and nobody knew about it.

The manager's wife found out about it. I believe one of the couple's accounts had been debited.

The wife was furious when she learned from the bank that her own husand had taken the money. There was a paper trail leading to a jewelry store. Women's jewelry had been purchased.

To protect his girlfriend from being discovered, the husband decided to create a second trail that would lead his jilted wife to the wrong woman. The targeted woman would be a top saleswoman in the same industry. The manager didn't like competing with this top saleswoman, anyway, because she had managed to win accounts away from him.

Well, the jilted wife did, indeed, take the bait and she went after the wrong woman.

The wife spent her time and resources hiring lawyers, investigators, etc., fighting the wrong woman. In addition, the wrong woman was telling everyone the manager's wife was crazy.

In public, the manager would agree with the wrong woman, "Yep, my wife is crazy. If only there was something we could all do to help save my poor, confused wife."

And while the jilted wife and her investigators were focusing on that top saleswoman, the husband was able to continue his secret affair with his secretary in peace and comfort.

The manager eventually married his secretary.

the wife was stupid... she should have focused her energies on the husband, not the other woman.... when will people learn....

--------------------

+Quote Post
NormF
post May 5 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 1,691

Here are some replies to several posts in this thread ...

QUOTE(Johann @ May 4 2006, 11:06 PM) [snapback]129321[/snapback]
Many people are asking ...

Excellent. Well-stated post, Johann. Thanks for stepping forward again.

QUOTE(Brother Sam @ May 4 2006, 06:37 PM) [snapback]129301[/snapback]
It was posted by someone that the board wouldn't let Linda or her witness address the board. If this is true, my question is - what kind of a board is this? This is the United States of America where we pride ourselves on freedom and justice for all, not some third world country that is run by a dictator. Is the 3ABN board run by a dictator?

That's a pretty fair characterization. 3ABN is a closely held, family company. It's privately owned. It's board is composed of carefully selected yes-men and nothing else. That board was created to be a rubber stamp, and it is ... nothing more, nothing less. They have no more power over Danny than the Man in the Moon. The horse does not tell the cart where to go; the driver does. 3ABN is Danny's baby. Considering how the board members got there and where they are, humbling themselves and repentence are about as far down their list as it's possible to get ... and as unlikely.

Sadly, most of the church's heirarchy is right down there with them. They are willing to cover their eyes and speak in mumbo jumbo no matter what goes on as long as as the prospect of huge audiences (SDAtalk: outreach) dangles before them. It is numbers mania, pure and simple. In their minds, an open-and-shut case of the end justifies the means ... in spades. If this does not change, this will be the SDA Watergate.

QUOTE(summertime @ May 4 2006, 09:02 PM) [snapback]129315[/snapback]

What about the reporter of the media who is watching this forum.? Why doesn't he write about it? Is he afraid of Danny also? I believe you, but how in the world could anyone be that powerful?

As a former reporter, I can tell you why. Any ethical reporter worth his salt knows that every word he puts in print must be fully verified. If you can't get people to talk and verify facts, you have no choice but to hold your story. However, I believe we are at last on the cusp of a breakthrough. Keep watching. (And when it does, Calvin, you will not be saying it was an un-newsworthy story ... trust me.)

As for why it's so hard to get people to talk and verify facts, see my post #32 in the "When Christians Go Bad ... a 3abn Spin-off" for a more in-depth look at some of the dynamics involved. It will give you insight to a part of it. People are not dumb. Look again at some of the things Bear and Paper Tigers (and Sister too) have said recently -- I will use the words here that they have shied away from: blackmail, coercion, back stabbing, various forms of threats, bribery .... That's why.

Regards,
Norm

(The signature line I have used for a long time now was not pulled out of hat. If the course this is following continues, this house will fall, maybe soon. "... and great was the fall thereof.")

--------------------
Debile fundamentum, fallit opus. - "Where there is a weak foundation, the work falls."

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 5 2006, 01:53 AM
Post #53

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Clay @ May 5 2006, 02:30 AM) [snapback]129332[/snapback]

the wife was stupid... she should have focused her energies on the husband, not the other woman.... when will people learn....

Sometimes the wife is the last to know.

She sees her husband through rose-colored glasses, and she believes that the other woman is "stealing" her husband.

The focus is, mistakenly, on the presumed "thief."

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: May 5 2006, 02:06 AM

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 5 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #54

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(NormF @ May 5 2006, 02:33 AM) [snapback]129334[/snapback]

Here are some replies to several posts in this thread ...
Excellent. Well-stated post, Johann. Thanks for stepping forward again.
That's a pretty fair characterization. 3ABN is a closely held, family company. It's privately owned. It's board is composed of carefully selected yes-men and nothing else. That board was created to be a rubber stamp, and it is ... nothing more, nothing less. They have no more power over Danny than the Man in the Moon. The horse does not tell the cart where to go; the driver does. 3ABN is Danny's baby. Considering how the board members got there and where they are, humbling themselves and repentence are about as far down their list as it's possible to get ... and as unlikely.

Sadly, most of the church's heirarchy is right down there with them. They are willing to cover their eyes and speak in mumbo jumbo no matter what goes on as long as as the prospect of huge audiences (SDAtalk: outreach) dangles before them. It is numbers mania, pure and simple. In their minds, an open-and-shut case of the end justifies the means ... in spades. If this does not change, this will be the SDA Watergate.
As a former reporter, I can tell you why. Any ethical reporter worth his salt knows that every word he puts in print must be fully verified. If you can't get people to talk and verify facts, you have no choice but to hold your story. However, I believe we are at last on the cusp of a breakthrough. Keep watching. (And when it does, Calvin, you will not be saying it was an un-newsworthy story ... trust me.)

As for why it's so hard to get people to talk and verify facts, see my post #32 in the "When Christians Go Bad ... a 3abn Spin-off" for a more in-depth look at some of the dynamics involved. It will give you insight to a part of it. People are not dumb. Look again at some of the things Bear and Paper Tigers (and Sister too) have said recently -- I will use the words here that they have shied away from: blackmail, coercion, back stabbing, various forms of threats, bribery .... That's why.

Regards,
Norm

(The signature line I have used for a long time now was not pulled out of hat. If the course this is following continues, this house will fall, maybe soon. "... and great was the fall thereof.")

all you have said highlights the other issue.... when the police are called to a home and there is evidence of domestic abuse... the one abused must take that step and press charges.... its not enough to complain, they must muster the courage, to take action....

hopefully at some point those who can take action will take action....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post May 5 2006, 04:36 AM
Post #55

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

Perhaps we need a S.D.A Watergate to shake us out of our 'We are the Remnant. We are the true church' arrogance/complacency.......

This post has been edited by Denny: May 5 2006, 04:36 AM

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 5 2006, 04:56 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

Have mercy. Forgive them for they know not what they are wishing.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 5 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 5 2006, 04:56 AM) [snapback]129360[/snapback]

Have mercy. Forgive them for they know not what they are wishing.

why do you say that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Denny
post May 5 2006, 05:27 AM
Post #58

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Clay @ May 5 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]129363[/snapback]

why do you say that?

Perhaps we are too good for public exposure, thats for other churches like the RCC?

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
lurker
post May 5 2006, 06:30 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

This was posted on Club Adventist. I believe it was the 6th of this April but I may be wrong.

"As long as the foundational pillars of the church are being spread to millions of people, around the clock, we can wink at the these little problems. As we all know, our great central doctrines are the Sabbath, the state of the dead, diet, and the end-time prophesies.

What are the books Danny has written? The Forgotten Commandment (The Sabbath), Does God Love Sinners Forever? (State of the dead), Can We Eat Anything? (Diet), and Antichrist Agenda (End-time prophesies) That is what makes the conservative Adventist donors happy, and that is where the money is, and since Danny self-publishes his books and sells them to 3ABN at a profit, and then as the President of 3ABN authorizes them to be given away or sold at a loss , he controls a sizeable market. On this "Ten Commandents Day" thing 3ABN is preparing to give away around 5 million of Danny's books.

With the "Channel of Blessing" book, most publishers could have delivered it to 3ABN at under $4.00 per book, including author's royalty. 3ABN paid $12.00 per book.

You say that the church could wash its hands of Danny? He has said many times that "3ABN thrives on controversy." When the church, or anyone else, takes issue with him, he just says that they are attacking God's ministry that is just there to spread the word. He says that the devil is just spreading lies and trying to hamper God's work. He says that he is just a lowly carpenter who is only trying to follow God's direction, and the church he is supporting is attacking him, "so please support God's work in this time of crisis with your prayers, and whatever else the Lord is leading you to do." And the checkbooks open up, and the people get mad at the church. This already happened back in the Ninties."

The bolding is my own. I wonder if anyone but me was amazed at the potential for personal profit from the sale of 5 million of his ten commandments day books to 3ABN?

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 5 2006, 06:58 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(Clay @ May 5 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]129326[/snapback]

Then if this problem is as deep and as widespread as you say, it is time for the whole structure to be dismantled.... one human cannot be that important in the church.... and if they are, then the church is no longer following God.....

If it is not following God, then it is not the church to be in.....

does this problem fall along color lines? I ask because black adventists don't seem to be that concerned with this issue.......

Clay, people of all colors seem not to be concerned with this issue. Even in my own home. My husband reads and believes these things are true, but he simply says that something should be done-no man is that powerful. He stops short of wanting to have anything to do with it. I believe that the problem is that those who know that this story is true, fear that in bringing the leaders of 3ABN down,we will bring the SDA church down, and then we become afraid of the wrath of God coming down on each of us personally. We say that we have faith that God will take care of this---but then we are told that faith without works is dead. It is like the man who walks down the street, sees a man starving, tells him that God will take care of him, and then goes his merry way. I believe that the leaders of Hope Channel are honest, but then why do they carry Danny and 3ABN on their network? Is it because 3ABN pays for the airtime and Hope Channel needs the money to survive? It discourages the average SDA member because if we have complete faith in the message and truth of our denomination, then that faith starts to fail because the church leaders will not bring the truth of this whole mess to their members, and with the preponderance of church members being more concerned with their own salvation, they are unwilling to step forward to help the victims of this mess. -- in actuality, they are willing to let the whole mess continue. Individually, many feel that they will fail God and in reality it is Danny and his legions who are failing God. Probably most of you are just like me. I would do something if I could. But I have no proof--I was not there. Danny could not hurt me--I don't care what people think -my reputation lies in the books of heaven and no one can touch those.-only where God leads. But I have no story to tell-I simply have full belief in what I have read here, and what has been done to Linda, and my own common sense. I believe that most of those who will read this are in the same position as me. Where does that leave us? Dwindling faiath in the leaders of 3ABN and our church leaders but willing to do what God would have us to do.

This post has been edited by summertime: May 5 2006, 07:16 AM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church