Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9766&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:56:27 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 5 (thread was closed then reopened)
caribbean sda
post May 5 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #61

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,678

I'm just waiting for someone to say that Danny Shelton's books were ghost written; then, I believe, I would have heard it all... smile.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 5 2006, 07:08 AM
Post #62

Guests

We have believed the lie that the modern church, by virtue of having the name, is God's representative on earth even though we will sponsor seminars and conferences to denounce the Catholic church for claiming that its head is God's representative on earth. Figure me this. How many ways are there to spell "hoodwinked?"

+Quote Post
Denny
post May 5 2006, 07:15 AM
Post #63

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(statrei @ May 5 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]129377[/snapback]

We have believed the lie that the modern church, by virtue of having the name, is God's representative on earth even though we will sponsor seminars and conferences to denounce the Catholic church for claiming that its head is God's representative on earth. Figure me this. How many ways are there to spell "hoodwinked?"

But you see the RCC is not the true church when you are the true church you can claim just about anything and see all criticism of your institituion as criticism of the Lord's work rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 5 2006, 07:27 AM
Post #64

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

I don't believe that if 3ABN is brought down that the church will also fall... and if it does, then it should because it has attached itself to someone other than Christ....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 5 2006, 07:28 AM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ May 5 2006, 07:59 AM) [snapback]129375[/snapback]

I'm just waiting for someone to say that Danny Shelton's books were ghost written; then, I believe, I would have heard it all... smile.gif

I am not saying that the ideas are not Dannys but, the way that he talks, the books do seem to be edited for word sentence, spelling and punctuation. I received a lengthy e-mail from him when all this began--probably cut and paste, and the way the books are written are different than his usual expressions. But then, this is true of most authors.

This post has been edited by summertime: May 5 2006, 12:05 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 5 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #66

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(summertime @ May 5 2006, 07:28 AM) [snapback]129381[/snapback]

I am not saying that the ideas are not Dannys but, the way that he talks, the books do seem to be edited for word sentence, spelling and punctuation. I received a lenthy e-mail from him when all this began--probably cut and paste, and the way the books are written are different than his usual expressions. But then, this is true of most authors.

it wouldn't be the first time in the history of this church that the words of an uneducated person were miraculously transformed into literary masterpieces..... dunno.gif

This post has been edited by Clay: May 5 2006, 08:01 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sister
post May 5 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Clay @ May 5 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]129384[/snapback]

it wouldn't be the first time in the history of this church that the words of an uneducated person were miraculously transformed into literary masterpieces..... dunno.gif

Are you comparing Danny Shelton to Ellen White? With the implication that the writings of
Danny are “miraculously transformed into literary masterpieces”? What next? Continuing on that same line of reasoning, is your next proclamation the possibility that Danny is a prophet? Of course followed by: dunno.gif

Have mercy! I thought that spin only originated from within the walls of 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 5 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #68

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ May 5 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]129389[/snapback]

Are you comparing Danny Shelton to Ellen White? With the implication that the writings of
Danny are “miraculously transformed into literary masterpieces”? What next? Continuing on that same line of reasoning, is your next proclamation the possibility that Danny is a prophet? Of course followed by: dunno.gif

Have mercy! I thought that spin only originated from within the walls of 3ABN.

nope I am suggesting that there is a parallel.... we have discussed extensively here how the writings of egw have been edited significantly from how she wrote them originally, not to mention all the books that have been published in her name after her death.... The church did that... so it seems that they and Danny have something in common....

As for Mr. Shelton being a prophet, I have no idea... he sounds like a man with too much money and too much time on his hands... but I don't know him so I can't say....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 5 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ May 5 2006, 06:59 AM) [snapback]129375[/snapback]

Danny does not have the time, attention span or knowledge of anything to write about anything except serial marriages. However, ghost writing is a well-accepted practice for busy celebrities and public figures. It is a non-issue as far as I am concerned, as is how much money he makes from this.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
Clay
post May 5 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #70

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 5 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]129393[/snapback]

Danny does not have the time, attention span or knowledge of anything to write about anything except serial marriages. However, ghost writing is a well-accepted practice for busy celebrities and public figures. It is a non-issue as far as I am concerned, as is how much money he makes from this.

true.... if the sda church has made a faustian deal with Mr. Shelton then I hope they are prepared to deal with the fallout.... it wouldnt be the 1st time a faustian deal was entered into by the church.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post May 5 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,556

QUOTE(Clay @ May 5 2006, 08:32 AM) [snapback]129395[/snapback]

true.... if the sda church has made a faustian deal with Mr. Shelton then I hope they are prepared to deal with the fallout.... it wouldnt be the 1st time a faustian deal was entered into by the church.....

I don't believe the church made any such bargain. 3ABN is privately owned and operated by people who identify with the SDA church. I agree the church is not doing enough to disabuse viewres of the notion that 3ABN is an "arm" or "face" of the church. That is a big mistake that I hope they correct quickly.

--------------------
"I believe what my church teaches.
My church teaches what I believe.
My church and I believe the same thing."--The Apostate's Creed.

+Quote Post
calvin
post May 5 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #72

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Zephyr @ May 5 2006, 02:04 PM) [snapback]129452[/snapback]

I don't believe the church made any such bargain. 3ABN is privately owned and operated by people who identify with the SDA church. I agree the church is not doing enough to disabuse viewres of the notion that 3ABN is an "arm" or "face" of the church. That is a big mistake that I hope they correct quickly.

I don't see 3abn as the face of the church. It is another independent minsitry.

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 5 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #73

Guests

QUOTE(calvin @ May 5 2006, 04:06 PM) [snapback]129456[/snapback]

How many Adventists do you think make that distinction?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 5 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #74

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Or worse yet, how many non-Adventist? For those who do not have your unique perspective, Calvin, the line is blurred if not erased altogether.

QUOTE(statrei @ May 5 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]129457[/snapback]

How many Adventists do you think make that distinction?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 5 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #75

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(calvin @ May 5 2006, 04:06 PM) [snapback]129456[/snapback]

You and many Adventists may not, but 3ABN is on satellite, broadcast TV and cable around the world, available in many millions of homes 24/7. The Adventist Church to them is just a building on some corner where people meet every Saturday, and the general population doesn't go, and has no idea what is taught there. The only place most of them will ever see Seventh-day Adventism is 3ABN, which makes it the face of the church to them: the general public.

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 5 2006, 07:23 PM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church