Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9766&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:56:30 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Unauthorized History of 3ABN, Chapter 5 (thread was closed then reopened)
Clay
post May 6 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #91

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(PaperTigers @ May 6 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]129535[/snapback]

Sister unfortunately the part about just wanting to forget is so true. When you leave that place all you want to do is just forget about everything that has happened.. put it all behind you and move on. I wasted 5 years of my life there, and since I left I've just been trying to put it all behind me... but sometimes that's just not enough.

sometimes we cannot put something behind us until we understand the lesson that experience had for us.... also there is a possibility that if the experience was really traumatic it will have an impact on you the rest of your life.... even changing the way you go about your life..... just something to consider....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 6 2006, 06:21 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,689

Nothing like keeping it in the family, and bringing all your sick and twisted siblings into the mix. Especially if they are just like you...
Is anyone else sickened by this????

Sorry, let me clarify.. I caught a snippet of the Ten Commandments weekend thing and saw Kenny and heard mention of Tommy and the others.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Hersheys99
post May 6 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #93

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,672

Nothing like keeping it in the family, and bringing all your sick and twisted siblings into the mix. Especially if they are just like you...
Is anyone else sickened by this????

Sorry, let me clarify.. I caught a snippet of the Ten Commandments weekend thing and saw Kenny and heard mention of Tommy and the others.

I'm just as sickened as you are. I'm turning it off it is literally making me sick as I had personal dealings with Kenny & I know more than I care to know & to listen to him preach after doing things he has done sorry can't deal with that.

--------------------
My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.
(Unknown)

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 6 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #94

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ May 6 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]129543[/snapback]

sometimes we cannot put something behind us until we understand the lesson that experience had for us.... also there is a possibility that if the experience was really traumatic it will have an impact on you the rest of your life.... even changing the way you go about your life..... just something to consider....

How true. It takes time to even be able to look at everything we have experienced. I think God maybe keeps a part of us sort of numb and only brings things to mind as we are able to handle them. I don't know all the formal names for the stages one has to go through for healing, but I do know that the feeling of needing to run away and forget everything comes early on and only when we are healed enough to handle them do the things we need to figure out and deal with come fully to mind. Then there is the bitter stage. That is a difficult one. In time that can be handled also. But as you say, the effects may always remain, and it's best, I think, to figure out what those effects are so one can guard against them or compensate for them consciously.

+Quote Post
PaperTigers
post May 6 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,689

Thanks Clay
It is something I consider and I just hope that it's something that we can stop more people from having to go through.
When I think of all the nonsense that I put up with it makes me sick. There was more than one instance when I should have just walked away. My reputation was put in question and trashed, and I stuck with it because in my mind quitting was giving up and I'm not a quitter so I stuck with it.

--------------------
~ Sometimes the hardest thing to do is the RIGHT thing!

~ Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like you would if no one was watching!
IPB Image

+Quote Post
sister
post May 7 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #96

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

“The Televangelist, Part 1...

There is a document that, to my understanding, has never been published and distributed in printed form. The only known source of it’s limited dispersion is through email. Recently it arrived to me, triggered by the following question, “Are you familiar with “The Televangelist”?” Upon replying that I had not read it and having been informed that there were people who assumed it to be the source for “An unauthorized history of 3ABN”, which I can honestly declare to be a fallacious assumption—I requested a copy. Appearing on my screen is the title page:

“The Televangelist”
By: Jorgen VanBraun
Copyright 2005

“The characters and events portray in the following story are fictional. Any resemblance to any real event or person, living or dead, is coincidental.”

Sitting in front of my computer, with the illumination from my desk reduced, I scrolled down to the next page and began reading. To say the least it is intriguing. With heightening interest I read the Introduction and then continue on through the Prologue, arriving at the end of the page, where the story began to take on a new twist:

“Now…
Five hundred years later, the world has moved on, and it is now the twenty-first century. Cries of anguish ring out as an accused soul is being ripped apart. The crowd roars its approval and the executioner pulls the rack a little tighter. It has been declared that there is evidence this person has committed grievous crimes against God and man. This time the rack is not a bloodstained wood structure, and the executioner doesn’t wear a black hood. This time it is not the victim’s body that is ripped apart; it is the soul. This time it is not the Inquisition who accuses, convicts, and executes the victim, but a televangelist. This time there is a different church.”

Although no names are ever revealed, the apparent intent of the author shouts out to me, riveted, I continue to read on in a far too familiar story. Pausing for comparison between fact and “fiction” , I pick up my bottle of mineral water. Unscrewing the cap and setting it next to me, I pick up the bottle only to lay it down again, my thirst forgotten. The name of a member of BSDA flashes into my mind: Summertime. What I am now reading has the same savor as an experience she had in corresponding with Danny. Remembering the open water bottle, I watch the bubbles slowing escaping to the surface, taking a sip and screwing the cap on the bottle, I reread the last two paragraphs:

“The televangelist gets up and goes to his computer. The monitor casts a bluish glow on the face of the man who just switched on its power. The reflection in the monitor reveals a middle aged face peering intently over a pair of reading glasses. Opening up his email, the televangelist reads an email accusing him of wrong-doing. Baffled, he goes over it again. He leans back, his brow furrowed in concentration. What makes people think they have any moral standing to say that he has done any wrong? God called him to start this worldwide ministry, not them. Millions of people around the globe are blessed by him, not them. Many people have come into the Church through him, not them. Look how successful he is, as opposed to them. To thousands of people, he is God’s vicar on earth, not them.”

“He writes back to his accuser explaining all of these things to her. He tells her that his conscience is pure; he does no wrong. He tells her that when he stands before God in judgment, it will be clear that everything he has done has a higher purpose. If others have suffered, they deserved it. If they were foolish enough to cross him, they were crossing God and it was inevitable that they should pay a steep price. If their suffering serves to advance or please him, they should be grateful for the privilege. Sometimes people must be sacrificed for the greater good of the greater person chosen by God for the greater cause.”

Why would a self-professed fictionalized account produce the following display of action by Danny Shelton: a 2 hour program on a Thursday evening hosted by Danny and his brother Tommy in regard to it, an intense search devoted to locating it’s author, Danny making all kinds of lawsuit threats to everyone he thought was a potential author, and it is reported that Danny’s benefactor even threw his legal team into action. WHY?

In the “Q. & A. Section” on Linda Shelton’s website the question was asked if she were in fact the author of “The Televangelist”. Her reply, “No.” When Danny finally settled upon whom he perceived to be the author of this document, his assumption was incorrect, meanwhile, the real author has flown below radar, eluding detection.

Is “The Televangelist” a thinly disguised unauthorized biography of Danny Shelton? Or is it a fictionalized account as the author has stated in the disclaimer on the title page, “The characters and events portray in the following story are fictional. Any resemblance to any real event or person, living or dead, is coincidental.” Could Danny’s determined pursuit of the author be interpreted as suggesting that the truth contained in the story is much more than coincidental?

Stay tuned...

This post has been edited by sister: May 9 2006, 06:09 PM

+Quote Post
gracetoyou
post May 8 2006, 07:52 AM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,724

Having discovered Blacksda, I read the threads on 3ABN this weekend. I'm glad some of you are coming out with information on Danny Shelton. I can understand the desire to protect the innocent, but are the guilty being protected also? If Danny Shelton and any other corrupt leadership are exposed to the Adventist world, it would be a blessing to 3ABN, not its downfall. Any success of 3ABN is due to the truth that is being presented, not to any person. It appears that God has blessed 3ABN over the years in spite of Danny, et al., not because of him.

For those who want God's blessing to continue on 3ABN, they should not only pray but use their influence and knowledge to remove Danny and this cohorts from leadership of 3ABN.

"Achan's sin brought disaster upon the whole nation. For one man's sin, the displeasure of God will rest upon His church till the transgression is searched out and put away. The influence most to be feared by the church is not that of open opposers, infidels, and blasphemers, but of inconsistent professors of Christ. These are the ones that keep back the blessing of the God of Israel and bring weakness upon His people." Patriarchs and Prophets, 497

--------------------
GRACETOYOU

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:3

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 8 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #98

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

So Whintley Phipps is a "yes man"? I don't think so! thumbdown.gif

QUOTE(NormF @ May 5 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]129334[/snapback]

Here are some replies to several posts in this thread ...
Excellent. Well-stated post, Johann. Thanks for stepping forward again.
That's a pretty fair characterization. 3ABN is a closely held, family company. It's privately owned. It's board is composed of carefully selected yes-men and nothing else. That board was created to be a rubber stamp, and it is ... nothing more, nothing less. They have no more power over Danny than the Man in the Moon. The horse does not tell the cart where to go; the driver does. 3ABN is Danny's baby. Considering how the board members got there and where they are, humbling themselves and repentence are about as far down their list as it's possible to get ... and as unlikely.

Sadly, most of the church's heirarchy is right down there with them. They are willing to cover their eyes and speak in mumbo jumbo no matter what goes on as long as as the prospect of huge audiences (SDAtalk: outreach) dangles before them. It is numbers mania, pure and simple. In their minds, an open-and-shut case of the end justifies the means ... in spades. If this does not change, this will be the SDA Watergate.
As a former reporter, I can tell you why. Any ethical reporter worth his salt knows that every word he puts in print must be fully verified. If you can't get people to talk and verify facts, you have no choice but to hold your story. However, I believe we are at last on the cusp of a breakthrough. Keep watching. (And when it does, Calvin, you will not be saying it was an un-newsworthy story ... trust me.)

As for why it's so hard to get people to talk and verify facts, see my post #32 in the "When Christians Go Bad ... a 3abn Spin-off" for a more in-depth look at some of the dynamics involved. It will give you insight to a part of it. People are not dumb. Look again at some of the things Bear and Paper Tigers (and Sister too) have said recently -- I will use the words here that they have shied away from: blackmail, coercion, back stabbing, various forms of threats, bribery .... That's why.

Regards,
Norm

(The signature line I have used for a long time now was not pulled out of hat. If the course this is following continues, this house will fall, maybe soon. "... and great was the fall thereof.")

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 8 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #99

Guests

QUOTE(simplysaved @ May 8 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]129740[/snapback]

So Whintley Phipps is a "yes man"? I don't think so! thumbdown.gif

The question always is, Yes man to what? Most pastors are Yes men as far as the church and doctrine are concerned.

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post May 8 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #100

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

QUOTE(statrei @ May 8 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]129756[/snapback]

The question always is, Yes man to what? Most pastors are Yes men as far as the church and doctrine are concerned.

Submission regarding those you answer to (God first) is very different IMO than just "going along with..." because one is fear.gif

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
beartrap
post May 8 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #101

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

To my knowledge Whintley Phipps is just a board member at this time. Yes, Danny asked him to head up a new black network that he was thinking about launching almost two years ago, but that doesn't appear to have materialized. The board members come to the board meeting four times each year, usually for one day, and they read reports written by the department heads, they are told how miraculous everything is around Danny, and when the Kumbaya session is over they all go home with a warm feeling in their tummy. The board members have no part in running 3ABN, they don't spend time going around the departments, talking with the employees and getting a real grasp on the operation. The reports they receive are all screened and approved by Mollie or Danny before the board members are allowed to see them. I believe that Pastor Phipps and others are just snowed. I have no reason to not believe that he is a Godly man.

Dr. Thompson has gone around and spoken with the employees, encouraging them to express questions they may have. Many an employee has gotten in really hot water over that, because after expressing a question about something, Dr Thompson took what they said straight to Danny and reported them as dissidents, whereupon they were dealt with rather harshly.

When the thing with Linda came up, it was starting to be known in the churches back in April of 2004. An employee was in those churches representing 3ABN at the time, and when people started coming up to him and asking about the affair Linda was having, he asked where they were getting this info. Many people told him that friends who were donors, pastors, etc, had been contacted by Danny and they got it straight from him. He told Dr. Thompson that this concerned him as it would be damaging to 3ABN having these rumours spreading around. Within hours Danny told this employee that if he ever heard of him speaking about this again, he would be fired.

This post has been edited by beartrap: May 8 2006, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
summertime
post May 8 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,655

QUOTE(gracetoyou @ May 8 2006, 07:52 AM) [snapback]129736[/snapback]

Having discovered Blacksda, I read the threads on 3ABN this weekend. I'm glad some of you are coming out with information on Danny Shelton. I can understand the desire to protect the innocent, but are the guilty being protected also? If Danny Shelton and any other corrupt leadership are exposed to the Adventist world, it would be a blessing to 3ABN, not its downfall. Any success of 3ABN is due to the truth that is being presented, not to any person. It appears that God has blessed 3ABN over the years in spite of Danny, et al., not because of him.

For those who want God's blessing to continue on 3ABN, they should not only pray but use their influence and knowledge to remove Danny and this cohorts from leadership of 3ABN.

"Achan's sin brought disaster upon the whole nation. For one man's sin, the displeasure of God will rest upon His church till the transgression is searched out and put away. The influence most to be feared by the church is not that of open opposers, infidels, and blasphemers, but of inconsistent professors of Christ. These are the ones that keep back the blessing of the God of Israel and bring weakness upon His people." Patriarchs and Prophets, 497

" For those who want God's blessing to continue on 3ABN, they should not only pray but use their influence and knowledge to remove Danny and his cohorts from leadership of 3ABN"
This says a lot and still we, who have not worked and personally been involved with the harrassment of Danny, would like to do something to help, (besides praying) and in a way that would be in accordance with what GOd would want us to do. I guess that would be the key words, "What would God have us to do". If no one who has been involved personally wants to come forward and make known exactly when and where these abuses have taken place, then are we supposed to think that his behaviour is acceptable? Just what can the rest of us do?

"Danny and Linda presented an image that was supposed to depict how Christianity is supposed to be lived in the home atmosphere." Now we see, at least in the last few years, that it has been Danny's stage to make himself look good and to bring into the folds and coffers of 3ABN the folks in this country who believe in a loving and honest Christian relationship in our homes. So now we see his fradulant act of finding excuses to destroy his marriage and find a new wife. Don't people care? Don't the leaders of our church care? Or are too many of us looking for an excuse to do the same thing? Like Clay said, "We need to do what we can, or quit talking about it."

If we can do something, we should--if it is all about the Father's business, then we need to get to it if there is anything that can be done. Any ideas?

Summertime

+Quote Post
watchbird
post May 8 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #103

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(summertime @ May 8 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]129778[/snapback]

" For those who want God's blessing to continue on 3ABN, they should not only pray but use their influence and knowledge to remove Danny and his cohorts from leadership of 3ABN"
This says a lot and still we, who have not worked and personally been involved with the harrassment of Danny, would like to do something to help, (besides praying) and in a way that would be in accordance with what GOd would want us to do. I guess that would be the key words, "What would God have us to do". If no one who has been involved personally wants to come forward and make known exactly when and where these abuses have taken place, then are we supposed to think that his behaviour is acceptable? Just what can the rest of us do?

"Danny and Linda presented an image that was supposed to depict how Christianity is supposed to be lived in the home atmosphere." Now we see, at least in the last few years, that it has been Danny's stage to make himself look good and to bring into the folds and coffers of 3ABN the folks in this country who believe in a loving and honest Christian relationship in our homes. So now we see his fradulant act of finding excuses to destroy his marriage and find a new wife. Don't people care? Don't the leaders of our church care? Or are too many of us looking for an excuse to do the same thing? Like Clay said, "We need to do what we can, or quit talking about it."

If we can do something, we should--if it is all about the Father's business, then we need to get to it if there is anything that can be done. Any ideas?

Summertime

Just what you are doing here -- providing a place where the stories can be told and once told viewed by all -- is an extremely important "anything". As you have no doubt noticed, this encourages some to come forward and tell their stories, and as others see that they are received in kindly ways and with trust in their truthfulness, others also are encouraged to step forward. So in a very real way, keeping on "talking about it" IS to be doing "what we can".

Know also that there are some who are working quietly to find ways and means to accomplish what needs to be done for the good of the church -- for the good of all of us. And know that there are many besides those posting on this board who are taking courage from what they read here and contacting some of those "behind the scenes" workers.

Beyond your encouragement on this board, there is the "everyone win one" principle. With caution, love, and sensitivity, watch for ways to spread what you learn here to others who may not realize what is going on.

Mostly it is a time for exercising patience, for "waiting on the Lord" at the same time as we fill that waiting period with whatever "doing" that He points out to us and as He opens the doors of opportunity.

But caution and carefulness are still the order of the day. It is much too complex and difficult for any of us to step out in the "hero" role. I recall an old song from years ago -- "Side by side we stand, awaiting God's command". That seems to express ou present position well.

+Quote Post
Peachesevie
post May 8 2006, 12:10 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 8 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]129783[/snapback]

Just what you are doing here -- providing a place where the stories can be told and once told viewed by all -- is an extremely important "anything". As you have no doubt noticed, this encourages some to come forward and tell their stories, and as others see that they are received in kindly ways and with trust in their truthfulness, others also are encouraged to step forward. So in a very real way, keeping on "talking about it" IS to be doing "what we can".

Know also that there are some who are working quietly to find ways and means to accomplish what needs to be done for the good of the church -- for the good of all of us. And know that there are many besides those posting on this board who are taking courage from what they read here and contacting some of those "behind the scenes" workers.

Beyond your encouragement on this board, there is the "everyone win one" principle. With caution, love, and sensitivity, watch for ways to spread what you learn here to others who may not realize what is going on.

Mostly it is a time for exercising patience, for "waiting on the Lord" at the same time as we fill that waiting period with whatever "doing" that He points out to us and as He opens the doors of opportunity.

But caution and carefulness are still the order of the day. It is much too complex and difficult for any of us to step out in the "hero" role. I recall an old song from years ago -- "Side by side we stand, awaiting God's command". That seems to express ou present position well.

How does forgiveness comes into play?? Do I put it in God's hands or do I take care of it myself?

--------------------
"Don't cry me a river, but a seven mile beach."

"Some say go for it; I say make it come to you."

"If you were to drop your heart into me, you would never hear it touch the bottom."

+Quote Post
Guest_statrei_*
post May 8 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #105

Guests

QUOTE(Peachesevie @ May 8 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]129796[/snapback]

How does forgiveness comes into play?? Do I put it in God's hands or do I take care of it myself?

Who do you think shows you how to take care of it?

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:56 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church